Thursday, July 18, 2013

How a Call to the Phone Company Saved Me Money!

Perhaps you've read other resources that recommend contacting your utility companies in an effort to get lower rates?  Have you tried it? 
I had previously tried calling our phone company (through which we have a bundled phone and internet service plan), and after speaking with a rather unfriendly customer service representative about my account, I was told that there was nothing she could do about my current rates.  Feeling defeated, I hung up the phone and assumed that the person that I had spoken to was correct.

When I received my bill last month, I opened it with dread, knowing what the amount of the bill would be.  Disheartened, I turned to the last page of my phone bill, and immediately called their customer service line.  This time my call was answered by a very friendly and helpful customer service representative who was more than happy to review my account with me, and offer me options to reduce my bill.

By making this one simple call, I was able to reduce my phone/internet bill by $26/month!!

It doesn't always work, but it doesn't hurt to try, and this time it paid off.  I'm quite happy that I attempted to negotiate a lower rate after my first failed attempt.  That one phone call, and five minutes of my time will result in an annual savings of $312 for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment