Thursday, July 25, 2013

365 Day Decluttering Challenge

The Challenge: 
To purge one item from my home each day for 365 days.  The goal, to be free from 365 items of clutter!
My Rules for this Challenge:
1.      At least one item each day must be selected for removal and placed in an area designated for these unneeded items.
2.      In the event that I’m not home on a certain day (or days), upon my return, an additional item will be selected for each day that I’m away from home.
3.      If multiple items are selected in one day, this does not negate the need to remove an item on subsequent days.
4.      I will document on my blog, at least once a week, the items that were selected for removal, and the final destination of each item.
5.      Repurposing an item to be used elsewhere within my home, does not count towards this challenge.
6.      Items already deemed “yard sale” items do not count toward this challenge.
Means of Removal:
1.      Donation to a friend, relative, or charity.
2.      Selling on Ebay, Craigslist, Facebook Groups, or other online venue.
3.      Yard Sale.
Designated Purge Area:
At this time, it will be my bedroom, since that is where I have been storing my stock of items for our upcoming (yet to be scheduled) yard sale.  However, I’m guessing that this area will soon be moved to the basement, since my bedroom is beginning to feel like a thrift store.

Let the Challenge BEGIN!



No comments:

Post a Comment